August 12, 2009

MoMatchelor update -- Steve!

Remember these guys? LOVE LOVE LOVE helping make lurve connections! Thanx to YOU and YOUR darling votes , Steve went out with Amy, Heather and Tricia. Want to hear about it?

Steve & Amy

Amy's Report: Steve and I very much enjoyed ourselves last week up at Sundance. We spent some unhurried time walking around the hiking trails up there and beating our own path through the woods. Steve is a brilliant conversationalist whose wide knowledge base, strong opinions, quick wit, and incisive argumentation skills left me alternately amused and amazed. We shared a lovely dinner there, and enjoyed the conversation so much that we really didn’t want to leave when we were done eating. We found, much to our mutual surprise and delight, that we actually agreed on a wide range of issues and interests. Thanks so much for setting us up—I haven’t enjoyed a date that much in quite some time.

Steve & Heather

Heather's Report: Luckily, numerous failed attempts to communicate via phone before the date were no indication of the date’s outcome. Lost phone chargers and long-distance-blocked phone lines were overcome by email, and we finally got together on Saturday morning to hike through the Timpanogas caves. Things were off to a good start, and despite my hesitancy to go on a “blog date” for spinsters, the entire date was…great. [Should we be surprised that people who survive BYU without a ring don’t always have a tragic flaw? After all, it’s the ones from the Quill and Sword club that seem to get married so quickly, right? Frownsmile if you belong to that club.] The hike gave us plenty of time to talk—from world travel (where he’s been and where I would like to go) to dating disasters. We took a picture at the “heart of the cave” [who wouldn’t?] and enjoyed the beautiful view in the canyon. Hiking made us hungry. I was pleasantly surprised not to hear, “So where would you like to go?” and instead hear that he came with a plan. He gets points for decisiveness and originality; we went to the Trellis CafĂ© at Thanksgiving Point. Delicious sandwiches and sweet potato fries—old favorite of his, new favorite of mine. Mo-matchelor date: success.

Steve & Tricia

Tricia's report: So I know it's been a long time waiting, but just a few weeks ago, the fabulous Steve flew all the way to Utah to take me on our date. He had done a little planning and decded that Snowbird would be the location for our evening of fun! When we got up there, he purchased two day passes--which lets you do EVERYTHING--and we headed for the Alpine Slide. We raced the alpine slide (he won), zipped down the zip-line (I won!), braved the mechanical bull (which might have been more entertaining for the guy sitting on the bench next to it, who was laughing at us!), scaled the rock wall and jumped on the trampoline. After all that excitement, we took a ride up the tram to the top of the resort to check out the view. Throughout the evening we chatted about our families (specifically the family members who nominated us in the first place) and our jobs, hobbies, etc. And about YOU TAMN! (couldn't get through a SSB date without talking about the woman who made it all possible!) Thanks, TAMNers...you are seriously so amazing. Then we took a short walk over to enjoy a scrumptious Italian dinner complete with dessert. Yum! Steve shared stories of his word travels and impressive plans for his budding career. I quickly found that he is very well traveled (MUCH more than I am!) and seems to have all his ducks in a row! (Something that is RARE in my experience--the ducks part, not the traveling part). After all was said and done, Steve, being the sensitive, nice guy that he is, took me home because I had to get up early the next morning. I had a fun time and I think Steve is a real catch! Good luck to you Steve!

Steve said he had a great time with all of them and was just sad no one wanted to go hot-tubbing at this apartment complex where his roommate from freshmen year used to live and said it was totally ok. He will choose one of these hotties to go out w/ again soon! Any guesses?

p.s. Know what's weird is that none of them ONCE said "journey" or "putting myself out there."

46 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow! Might I possibly be the first to post a comment?
I think Amy will get the second date.
And as far as the poll goes, anyone who doesn't know that public transportation is way more gross hasn't had to use it.

Alisa said...

Does he get two roses or just one?

The Whitten Family said...

I think Heather is the best match! Go pick out a dress, Heather!

Hizzeather said...

I like Heather. And not just because we have the same name. Ok...maybe because we have the same name. :)

Kerry said...

How fun to hear about the dates! Steve sounds like he did a good job planning all of them, and all the girls seem nice. This is a cool contest, TAMN! Can't wait to see what happens.

Christa said...

I pick Heather!!!! and Steve should too!

Jeannie said...

Steve seems too good to be true.

I think Steve and Amy have the cutest picture.

Adriel & Tierra Wakefield said...

What's with all these girls using big words and long sentences? No wander their so spinsty. While dating my fab hubby, I limited my vocab to "yes," "no," or "whatever you want to do." I woodn't want him to get the idea that I can think for myself.

Beth said...

Yeah! How fun for the spinsties!

Tay said...

I think I'm pulling for Heather... Tricia didn't seem very interested near the end, and Amy seemed to have the biggest connection, but the date with Heather reminded me of the first date I had with the love of my life... Sigh.

Chelsea said...

This might have the best spelling of any Seriously So Blessed post. "Timpanogos" is spelled wrong, but everyone spells that wrong.

Whitney said...

Polygamy. He can have all 3. He looks hot enough to keep up with Bill Paxton.

Sims Family said...

It sounded like a love connection with Amy. Notice they were practically kicked out of the restaurant? No offense to Tricia but going home early is never a good sign. Even if you have to get up early.

The Boob Nazi said...

So are they ECs or what?!?!?!?!?

Kate G said...

Too much fun TAMN! I feel like it's 3AM and I'm hearing from three of my roommates about their dates :) Too bad we couldn't do date review videos so that we could see all of the hand gestures and reenactments!

Heather said...

Totally think it's Amy. Plus i think she was in my last singles ward before I got married.

Liz said...

I want to hear about his "connection" with each of them.

Jake, Megan, Ryder and Emma said...

I hope he chooses Tricia!! She is clearly the cutest and the funnest!! GO GIRL!

Rach said...

THIS ROCKS! Totally agree with Katy G, it's a flashback to the chat-about-dates-with-roommates and it is making me laugh.

I think Heather sounds like the funniest. The Quill and Sword club got me.

kris said...

WOW! Sounds to me like Steve can't really go wrong.

Kyra said...

I am so on team Amy! they sound like a perfect match!

Emmy said...

So fun to read all of these... I have no idea and can't wait to see who get the next date!

Frog Prince Las Vegas said...

Does Steve have a brother?

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Amy! Amy! Amy! Goooooo Amy!!

JM said...

Hey guys, I speak Spinsty.

"Steve is a real catch" = "I'm not interested in Steve at all, but I'm sure there is SOMEONE out there that would be... maybe"

"Good luck to you Steve!" = "Don't call me again. ever."

It's totally obvs that Trish isn't interested. She needs to stop being so picky or she's never gonna get married.

laurel said...

Baaah!!! So fun to read these! My vote's for Heather and Steve, but I have a vested interest and think Steve would be a great (potential) bro-in-law. :)

Melanie said...

I really can't pick! Don't leave us hanging for to long! I can't wait to find out who he picked.

Mrs. Clark said...

I say Amy! But all the dates sounded great. And I was SO GLAD not to read the term "journey."

Mrs. Clark said...

I say Amy! But all the dates sounded great. And I was SO GLAD not to read the term "journey."

Stephanie said...

Amy seems the most interested in Steve - devoting most of her summary to describing him and not the details of what they did on their date. Plus, their picture seems the most natural. I vote Amy!

M&B said...

QUILL AND SWORD!!!! YES! Thanks for bringing back the sweet memories: tunics and jingly hats, oblique references to Ladyhawk... the good ole days.

Laura said...

can't go wrong - lucky Steve!

Stephanie said...

Tots AMY!!! They went to the temple on they're date...so EC!!!! If he doens't pick Amy, then the church isn't true.

Hilary said...

WHAT!!!! No dialogue from Steve??? Its not the Momatchelor without a little harsh critique from his end and a cyper-rose to the girl of his choosing! C'mon TAMN step up the cuteness!

Brittany said...

I'm rooting for Heather and Amy...not sure which one yet they both seem great! Something is off about Tricia's summary...not liking the vibe!

Brittany said...

...and typical Steve to ask these girls hot tubbing on their first date! haha. Oh dear...but let me tell you girls, next time you should take him up on that offer! haha.

The J's said...

I vote Amy! They obviously already chose their temple, even though everyone knows Salt Lake and Mt. Timpanogos are the best for pictures. Can't wait to hear more!

Little Lovables / Jeweled Ambrosia said...

sounds like they all had a lot of fun! I think since they are all righteous, any one of them would make excellent mothers to his babies

Nicole's crazy Blog said...

Amy!! yeah and what does Steve have to say?

The Bradley's said...

Amy all the way. No contest.

Courtney said...

It's not just a "journey", but an "amazing journey". At least if you're Jillian!

Steve and Jamie said...

From someone who heard about Tricia's date firsthand, she had fun. Seriously, have you ever tried writing a "report" on a first date that the other person gets to read? It can't be easy.

Oh, and he he took her home "early" because she had to be up the next morning to run 10 miles to train for a half-marathon. I think she's the catch!

LauraLuv said...

Heather!...totally!

christi.higham said...

Heather!

T-Ray said...

Steve has always been an amazing date planner, so it is no surprise to me to hear about all of these dates. Being one of Steve's close friends, which ever girl he chooses to go out with again will be very lucky.

Kris said...

They all sounded like wonderful dates...Steve gets an A+ for planning such fun things to do! He couldn't go wrong with any of them but I vote for Tricia....she is one AMAZING person!