September 28, 2009

MoMatchelor Micah's darling dates

Member M0Matchelor Micah?? Member how out of hunnerds of entries we set him up with three hot spinsties?? And it took forever bc they are all over the country and Micah was busy studying for some yawny lawyer test and traveling the world and blahblah? Well, let's see if there's a lurve connection!

I can’t imagine a better way to celebrate the end of a tedious summer studying for the bar exam than dates with the three beautiful women chosen for me by TAMN’s readers. I enjoyed getting to know each Mo-Matchelorette.

Stacey and I headed to the Salt Lake Art Center, one of Utah’s many unique art galleries. We hoped to see paintings from the prisoner’s art therapy program but missed the boat on that exhibit by two days. Luckily, Stephanie Wilde’s Harmed display didn’t disappoint.Following the gallery, we enjoyed a vegan lunch at the earth-friendly Sage’s CafĂ©. I highly recommend the fresh basil pesto pasta—tastes like they took acres and acres of fresh basil and turned it into a single serving of pesto. Stacey and I can easily talk for hours (and we did!). We both have backgrounds in the law and need health insurance. The thing I like most about Stacey is her drive to always learn something new—not only does she have a law degree, she’s currently taking classes in biology and physiology.

Rachael and I met up at the Broadway Centre Theater and started to get to know each other while walking a few blocks to Stoneground. We dined on yummy Italian entrees while enjoying the hip ambiance of the refurbished Salt Lake Roasting Company building. Following dinner, we sauntered back to the theater where we saw Food, Inc. Food, Inc presents an interesting and powerful message about food choice. Rachael and I had a good conversation afterward about the film’s biases and making environmentally and socially healthy dietary selections. There are many things I admire about Rachael—she has strong family values and works extreme hours as a nurse. My favorite thing about her is that she looks for ways to help others. She is hoping to use her nursing skills to benefit the less-advantaged in developing countries.

Emily and I have mutual friends who happened to be in town when we decided to go on our date. We doubled up with our friends and headed to Midway to make dinner. We dined on halibut, asparagus, and lemon-scented quinoa salad with tahini dressing. Following dinner, we went for an evening bike ride around the Midway bird preserve and caught up with our friends over some chocolate cake and coconut milk ice cream. Emily and I have a lot in common, aside from our mutual friends. We both served missions in Japan, and we love the East Coast. Emily is extremely kind and thoughtful—she sent me a card right before I took the bar exam to wish me luck.



I’m issuing a to-be-continued. Each date sparked my interest, and a second meeting with each Mo-Machelorette is definitely necessary before the elimination round. Tune in next time for the most dramatic rose ceremony yet!

31 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad that these spinsties have a friend as good as you! My vote is for Stacey. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that sometimes I come to your site just for the music. I love it and it makes my day go by so much happier. My little babes love to dance around with me while I vacuum to it!

Jemaica said...

Is it just me or did it seem Micah make more comments about the food they ate than he did about the girls? This post made me feel hungry!

Beth said...

Wow, the food sounds good!

mindy said...

most dramatic rose ceremony yet...that's awesome.

The Boob Nazi said...

How fun. I'm still bitter.

Little Lovables said...

sounds like they all had a great time! I think Emily is a great match imo (like it matters though, I'm no TAMN of course)

dharvey said...

Sounds as if you had a great time! I love to read the stories about these dates. Thanks!

Lechelle said...

What is with Mo-Micahs obsession with food?

The other me said...

POOR STACEY! Yawny date looking at pitchers, eating rabbit food and talking about sad health insurance...TAMN do you feel guilty that she had such a yawny date? Did she secretly text you and ask advice on how to steer the subject to an interesting one about Manicures and your darling twinners? I think Stacey might be thinking that being a spinstie is better than boring old Micah marriage! Yikes, no wonder he is still a badcheler.

The other me said...

Whoops so wrapped up in yeany first date forgot to mention that Rachael proberly ruined HER chances as she went and said how she wants to keep working and being a nurse in poor countries, ewwww, GERMS how is THAT a rightchus thing to think of doing?
Emily is a RM, poor spinsty, she is already SO old. Also eating chocolate cake and actual ice cream instead of fro yo, she may as well just give up on any hopes of snagging a husband, even one who likes going to museums and looking at pitchers.

Emily said...

Wow wow.

So do we text in our votes to some number?

OH, wait. Wrong show, huh.

Kari said...

That vegan lunch sounds amazing! Actually, ALL those dates sounded amazing!!! Oh how is he going to choose?! Can't wait to hear about the second dates!

cheyney webb said...

He seems a little more concerned with what he ate and not the girl he was dating.

Kerry said...

How fun! Great contest, TAMN. How will he ever choose??? Can't wait!

Rach said...

They're all babes. Who knew such hot spinsties existed? Looks like Micah can't really go wrong.

Heather said...

Vegan? Environmentally and socially healthy? Quinoa salad? There's a disturbing kind of pattern here. This bachelor doesn't sound like your kind of guy. I can't see he and JJWT hanging out at all.

Maya said...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks he went overboard on the food descriptions. Well, I can at least use it to plan our family's menu this week lol!

I think he's going to choose Emily!

rachel.a.rasmussen said...

Still totally think I should've won. Although I love wearing my condolence prize tee, Micah and I would've found love and first sight and not needed round two to figure things out!

Rendy Tucker said...

Hunnerds. I love you.

The Singlutionary said...

These spinstys sound super successful and smart. I'm glad they found a mo-machelor man who is smarter and successfuler.

Jeannie said...

I'd like to know more about this card that Emily sent. Are we talking yawny hallmark, maybe one with sound, or was it hand stamped? I'm really disappointed that Micah mentioned nothing about this very important detail.

*sigh* I miss Jake.

P.S. I can't believe "yawny" isn't in the facebook spelling dictionary.

Sara and Cory said...

wow...hes lucky he found not 1 but 3 girls who like weird, yuck-o health food, less they were just bein nice cents it was the first date n all...how to choose??

Alana said...

seriously? yawner, boring dates!

Madamemama said...

Micah is making me hungry.

Laraine Eddington said...

Micah sounds like he is taking this all a bit too seriously. I am sooo glad I'm married to someone who gets my jokes.

Frog Prince Las Vegas said...

Seriously. Who are these people? They all sound like over-achieving robot spinsties from the planet I'm Still Single Cuz I'm So Weird.
If they are as great as their resumes proclaim them to be why are they needing blind dates? Eww...

Emma said...

OMG TAMN!! Did you not realize that yesterday was your beloved twinsies BDAY! I think you are slacking as a mom, just my opinion, but isn't honesty always the best policy? Other then that just wanted to let you know i LUV your blog {always have, always will} and we have to get a 15 calorie frozen ice next Fri!

Mama C said...

I feel so blessed that you allow me to follow you on twitter and be one of your facebook friends you really are a sweet spirit which is so wrong since you are hot too.

Renny said...

Duh, he is totally going to pick Emily. Everyone knows that guys that serve missions in Asian countries always end up marrying Asian women or women who also served Asian missions. I can give you a bajillion examples of this.
Ugh, the bar. I'm only in my first semester of law school and I'm already a little stressed about it. I'm glad all these dates went well for him since he had to take that monster.

Token Asian Friend said...

I guess that would make me example #1, huh Renny? Good thing my husband LOVES Asians, or we might not have ever had a chance!

Hey, Micah and ladies, way to go! Good luck to you all!

Jill said...

I just checked and Emily is the hottest woman alive